Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why not....


So I'm currently in class...a bit bored so why not blog...yesterday was one of those long days as Wednesdays tend to be...but I did get a new haircut...yep I finally did it or was coaxed into doing it. My hair and I have a love-fear relationship, I love it but I fear it, always wanted to try shorter hair but I literally have nightmares about cutting my hair....but this new length is JUST RIGHT...it's hair it'll grow back and my hair usually grows pretty quickly so the lightbulb finally hit me...I no longer have mid back length or collarbone length hair and I really don't care...don't know how long I'll keep the new cut but I LOVE IT :)...I'll post a pic later in the day....
Applying for internships is daunting but I think I found one I like, plan to start the application this weekend so wish me luck :)!!!
Recently I learned the average minority GPA @ UNC is a 2.3, while the average GPA is a 3.0. I love UNC to no end but this is strikingly disturbing. A 2.3 is not even a C average a UNC and thus below average. Also informing students that they should be happy if their GPA is over a 2.3 when they're minority is absurd. Most graduate schools are not going to look at a 2.3 or below and be satisfied...*smh*, I wonder what UNC is doing to currently explore or even make grounds one these disparities. Why'll I'm not directly affected by this because my GPA is well over a 2.3 and over a 3.o. I am worried about minorities especially because NOW more than ever complacency is not any option. So no matter what institution of higher learning you're at, make the most of the opportunity, in every race or gender there have b
een people that fought hard for all of us to be here. So I guess my message or theme for today is why not be the best you can be....a bit cliche but seriously WHY NOT.

On this day in 1990, Nelson Mandela was released from prison after 27 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment