Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

So this is a question I've been asking myself effectively since Tuesday....adjusting to being back in school from South Africa definitely has been tough. I do however have some really awesome courses this semester so I'm delightfully happy about that...the new banner was created by Diana, who is fabulously talented and actually took the photo herself....hmm don't you just love creativity.
Well I actually have time to talk a little today so I'm hoping you've watched the State of the Union. I believe President Obama did exceptionally well and hope the rest of Washington pays attention. I make no qualms about the fact that I'm liberal but I respect all ideologies...I suspect once I conquer the world and become rich I'll be happy keeping my money and my pocket too...lol seriously if Democrats+Republicans actually worked together so much more could get done. I believe(not sure if this is a famous already but if it isn't ©) that what separates us is minuscule compared to all of the things that unite us...I know hopelessly optimistic but really this country could be so much more than what it is if we put aside petty party politics...As a Democrat I don't always agree Democratic Platforms, often I find myself agreeing with Republican ideologies...so let's stop limiting ourselves to labels, voting simply along party lines, and demand more for ourselves and our governments. That's what I feel the most important message of the State of the Union was; education, healthcare, the economy, don't ask don't tell are all important but as long as we allow these issues to drive deep wedges btw our national collective consciousness we will always be stuck debating.
Only 3 more days left until the Superbowl and GEUX SAINTS!!! I'm biased, I love the Saints respect Peyton Manning but Drew Brees is a tremendous QB (thanks San Diego and Miami) Vilma, Sharper, Pierre Thomas, Shockey, Henderson, Colston, and even Bush are a really good team that's worked incredibly hard to overcome a lot of adversity(flashes back to when our defense was terrible)...so I respect you Peyton but WHO DAT!!! (more to come on the Superbowl)


More importantly HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSA PARKS....February is such an incredible month with so many extraordinary people born during this time!!!


I'm sure we all know the significance of Rosa Park's actions to American history, but did you know that she only attained a high school education after getting married because of the encouragement of her husband. She completed her high school studies @ a time when only 7% of blacks had a HS education. So if we learn anything from Rosa Parks it should be to not let anything deter you from your dream, what is that you really want to do but maybe haven't taken a chance? You are your own roadblock to happiness and success so MOVE OUT OF YOUR WAY and go for it. Seriously what are YOU waiting for....pssst 23 more days!!!


Until next time,
Shine On


No comments:

Post a Comment