Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life happens...

Well at the beginning of this month I said I'd try to blog everyday...so much for plans. In the last weeks of February life has taken so many unexpected turns for me that all plans have been thrown out the window. However I never forgot about blogging just haven't had the time to do so. Sooo like I said the last two weeks have been a test and I believe I've done quite well...emerging from these trials with a new sense of optimism and a new theme song. It's almost my birthday 4 days and it's still very surreal to me, with everything that's happened I really can't believe it's almost my birthday...time flies.
Spotlight interview coming soooonnnn, so I hard drive crashed and some of the people @ Mac are just not Geniuses despite their technical supports moniker of Genius Bar...but it's all good new hard drive and I'm working on data recovery. So as soon as I get my computer back the spotlight interview/article I'm writing for Christel House/Yele will be presented to you.
I've learned some more interesting facts on healthcare and am convinced now more than ever that President Obama should stay the course. Minorities are really suffering under the healthcare system even affluent minorities that can afford healthcare have a shorter life expectancy than the national average. Something is wrong, as a nation we are failing, both the uninsured and minorities. It will be quite the battle but it imperative that everyone has insurance coverage not just those fortunate enough to afford it. For all those people that believed President Obama when he said we are not red states nor blue states but the UNITED STATES; let's put in some action. Call/write your senator,your representative, your governor your councilman, your mayor...whomever but healthcare is too important to politicize.
Off my political soapbox and onward to eternal optimism....so the first daunting week I suffered from classic woe is me syndrome...but by Saturday I discovered, I have so much to be grateful for and remembered "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.(Romans 8:28)....so I stopped stressing, and began to look for the brightside...Then my computer began to crash...but even that was all good because I noticed it before it completely died so it wasn't so terrible afterall....So i guess the point of my rambling is count your blessing, focus on the things you can control, be more proactive about the trials in your life, and really remember it's a great day to be alive!!!...And then go out and do something nice for someone...service to others always makes me feel better!!!
I'll leave you with a theme song...yeah it's country and it's a bit cliche but the message is simple, and wonderfully beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment