Friday, February 5, 2010

IT'S FRIDAY

YAY....i'ts FRIDAY....and the first week of February has been extraordinary for me and I hope it has been the same for you. So this really great idea came to me when I was at work today about showcasing successful, black, women/men for Black History Month and maybe throughout the duration of the blog. The greatest and probably my favorite part about history is that it is evolving, it's alive, and changing. I definitely respect all of the accomplishments of the past but what about current black leaders or future black leaders. I'm tired of the negative stereotypes and reports about African Americans or blacks(whichever you prefer) so as President Obama said we are the change we've been looking for, so it's time to change that. I hope you appreciate my epiphany as much as I did :)....pssstttttt 23 more days!!!

Happy Birthday Natalie Cole and Hank Aaron...and spotlight on President Barack Obama who on this day in 1990 became the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review.




No comments:

Post a Comment