Thursday, November 5, 2009

As if I needed another sibling....

So everyone who knows me knows that I have a large blended family but I love them all. We are very different but I feel like each of my siblings have contributed to the person that I am. Then I have my besties who are practically sisters/brothers to me especially with all the crazy, quirky, adventures we've had...they are def stuck with me...and now I have Eboni...soon to be Dr. Eboni Taylor(epidemiology)...yep she's def YBIHF(young, black, intelligent, and highly favored)....there is so much I could say about Eboni but to begin I LOVE HER...there aren't enough adjectives to describe how incredible Eboni is...She is so friendly, caring, gregarious, beautiful(both inside and out)...humorous...etc...etc...etc...and if there is nothing else that I'm happy about it's that I met her in Cape Town.
We have has some of the craziest times from her trying to paint on a toenail, to walking all over Cape Town for an avocado, scavenging the city for something sweet and ending up with Lay's Salt and Vinegar chips and a Twix, to pole dancing...yep that's right if this law thing doesn't work out I will be able to do burlesque..Dita Von Teese is getting old anyway...boxing...and wondering why Hudson's wouldn't stock up on brownies and ice cream when the weather is really nice....Anyhoot we went shopping...and when it comes to shopping I'm at home, fashions, shoes, clothes, malls, boutiques, whatever you name I love it...Eboni was my first client because if law and burlesque don't work I want to be a personal stylist/interior designer...(I really just want it all)...it was really a great experience and we found some great clothes for Eboni (yep that's right I refrained from shopping)...falling asleep in her twin bed because she has a space heater (and Cape Town is really quite chilly despite all this talk of next month you will experience our beautiful weather)...watching soapies, crazy movies, and documentaries....always getting drug by default into the wildest times...our self to self talks because sometimes it's hard to rise above...and many more great memories we've had together....
But beyond all that Eboni and I have a lot in common especially our love for our mommies...because mi madre is def my boo...her faith is something I also admire....because as she says "when we have nothing else left, we have faith: so very true as I've learned throughout this trip....I could on and on and although her favorite color is red she secretly loves pink (lol)...she has also rubbed her love of elephants on me they're cute animals. I could go on and on but my Internet won't allow it...but this one here is a KEEPER and can def be considered big Sis status...I'd call her a pearl (because it's my favorite jewelery) but in my life she's truly been a diamond....although we've only know each other for six or so weeks, Eboni has quickly become a treasured friend. I'm truly blessed to know her.

SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY LOVELY FRIENDS, I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE ROLES YOU PLAY IN MY LIFE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I hope you're having a great time. My Daddy lives in Capetown. I found you via Hairlista. Enjoy my country for me cuz you know I'm soooo jealous right now looking at your pics and all!

    Love from LalaTshi - South African Chic on Hairlista!

    ReplyDelete