Saturday, August 29, 2009

There's always tomorrow....

There is a saying in South Africa that there's always tomorrow....coming from a structured environment where scheduling and time management was key it was really refreshing to witness the relaxed nature of most Cape Townians....I also really find myself agreeing with the phrase. When I first arrived Wednesday night...yep I'm late...I was really tired and felt a sense of disconnection...but the next morning when I woke up, showered, refreshed, and finally able to see myself in Cape Town I was ready to seize the day. I had a new approach and felt that this really was the right decision. In the course of the past two days I have connected with a few roomies on the trip. Although everyone is really nice and friendly there are a few people that I have really connected with thus far. However I really love Eboni our RA/TA...at first I thought hmm it'll be weird because she's also the "authority" but she is soooooo nice, relaxing, open, friendly, and honest...she reminds me of my own siblings so we quickly got along. My professor is also really cool and quirky but she's really funny. Veron our guide reminds me of James Earl Jones in that his is regal and very grandfatherly...
The cuisine in South Africa is to die for....it's so delish...so far I've had Ethiopian food, curried chicken, yam, some really interesting desserts some of which I don't know the name but they're good... A few places I'd try if you ever in Cape Town is Charley's(a desert place but they have really good quiches and pies)...apparently they're really famous lamb but I can't eat poor Lambchop...but the chicken and lemon sauce quiche was really good and with the Russian Cheescake I was in heaven...I've actually ate more here in the past few days than I've eaten in America in a long time lmao..but yeah the food is really goood. But I've also like our programme and we've done some really interesting things...wine tasting was alright but wine is not really my thing...but I did love go to a cheetah refuge and got to pet a cheetah. Really cool it reminded me of my Mooch...still don't have a cell but not really missing it quite yet...well that's my thoughts for now...oh yeah I did have to buy face clothes because they didn't use them in South Africa and I def need something...but overall housing is alright...landlord is a bit odd but who's not...
Really the most important lesson I've learned is to stay the course and there's always tomorrow...so if your day/life isn't going the way you want it to now...keep the faith, make changes if necessary and remember there's always tomorrow




No comments:

Post a Comment