Monday, August 3, 2009

A little about me....

Well it's hard to follow someone you don't know, maybe if you know more about me then it'll make these blog posts just a bit more interesting. Well I'm 20...(ahh kind of scary) it's like the official end of childhood because by the end this decade in my life I'm supposed to be a "responsible, productive, citizen". I'm getting there or at least I hope so. Well I am a total girly girl thus the name Barbie but I really don't see anything wrong with Barbie or the image that she projects. It's not really about looking like a Barbie but more of the feminine empowerment that she represents. Barbie can be anything which I really like so why not an Intellectual Barbie...okay maybe a little cheesy but that's me. I love politics and check CNN and the New York Times hourly. I love the nitty gritty American political system but I'd really like to change it but you're learn more about that if you follow me. Hmm let's see the most exciting thing going on right now is my impending trip to South Africa to study abroad and my documentary called I Dream of Africa... I will talk more about this later.
I'm a student at the greatest university on the planet...UNC Chapel Hill in case you didn't know. I love college...the freedom, the different viewpoints, the interesting reading, the people but it's definitely hard work but I can see my goals so I can't stop now.
I also love music Kanye West is my favorite artist right now but I'll listen to anything that uplifts, soothes, rocks, grooves or vibes with my soul. My Ipod or my computer is always booming with something. My family and friends would call me a shopaholic but I think I have it under control I'm just very weak when it comes to clothes, shoes, and purses. I have a puppy that's the love of my life, he'll definitely be a staple on my blog.
Beyond all that though I really care for humanity and other cultures. I believe that most of the times we focus on what divides us instead of the beautiful things that unite us. I am determined to be the change and enjoy others that are working to change the environment around them. Well I think that's enough about me for now....

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog! I'm gonna add it onto my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete